Thursday, April 8, 2010

Nursery fun

Sorry for the lack of updates. Things have been kinda crazy around here.

We are now at 24 weeks. I had a doctor’s appointment on Tuesday. Everything is going great. Baby McMinn had a strong heartbeat and the doctor was happy to hear that my round ligament pain had lessened and my headaches were practically gone. I had to take a glucose test to see if I had gestational diabetes and another HIV test. A law was passed earlier this year stating that OB/GYNs should give their patients an HIV test at the beginning and during the middle of pregnancy. Kind of annoying for those of us who know exactly who the baby’s daddy is and who aren’t still sleeping around but whatever. What’s an extra tube of blood when you are already giving some? We also got registered at the hospital and will be taking a tour of the maternity wing 2 weeks from today.

At home we have been working on the nursery all week. Friday I bought all of the painting supplies. Every time I buy paint I am amazed at how much that stuff costs. Saturday we got to work. Well Steve did anyway. He didn’t want me to get sick from the fume so he painted the whole room himself while I sat in the hallway and did my best to keep him company. He painted the ceiling white and the walls a camel color. It pretty much took all day. We didn’t get to work on it Sunday because we went out to his parents’ house for lunch and by the time we got home we weren’t in the mood to do it. So Tuesday we started back up again. We taped up stripes that will go along the bottom part of the wall. Tonight we are going to stencil Cookie Monster up on the wall where the changing table will go, like we did with Pistol Pete in the man cave. Then Friday, back to painting. I will finally get to help this weekend. Cookie Monster and the stripes aren’t as big as the whole wall so the fumes should be minimal.

We are going to get the last of the furniture this weekend too! So exciting! All we are lacking is the mattress and the dresser.
The main part of the room should be done on Sunday. Thanks to Somit for volunteering to help put of the chair rail. Once it goes up we will arrange all the furniture. After that I will get to work on all of the accent pieces.
Posted by Nikki at 8:23 AM
 

You Me and Baby Make Three Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez